Re: Tire information

To: Ankitterer@aol.com, breeanna1012000@yahoo.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Tire information
Date: Thu, 29 Aug 2002 10:27:57 EDT
In a message dated 8/29/02 12:18:09 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
Ankitterer@aol.com writes:

> You might also
> get a recommendation on tire pressure and bring the tires up to pressure
> every month or so.  Sounds like you have been running them underinflated
> for
> some time.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I have found that adding about 3 lbs. to the recommended pressure makes the
car handle much better on the street.  The tire pressures are usually listed
on one of the door jams.  Car manufacturers (especially American) list low
pressures so the car has a softer ride.  I think that they think Americans
prefer a soft ride.  I would rather let the dampers (er...shock absorbers)
soften the ride.  That's not what the sidewalls of the tires are supposed to
do!

Allen Hefner
SCCA Philly Region Rally Steward
'77 Midget