Front Springs

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Springs
Date: Fri, 6 Sep 2002 23:33:09 -0700 (PDT)
Thanks to all for the help with alignment specs. I'm
happy to report that Bugsy now has both front wheels
going in the same direction at the same time. Rebuilt
shocks,a newer steering rack, and upper bushings have
made an unbelieveable difference in driveability and
handling.

I was able to obtain a set of lower A Arms, Spindles,
etc. and will be installing in the next few weeks.
This will fix a serious drivers side fulcrum pin wear
problem. The questions now comes up, Bugsy has a
definite permanent lean to the drivers side. Since
everything needs to come back apart again I'd like
some recommendations from the list re. Front Springs.
Replace with new stock springs or go for something
more aggressive that will also lower the front end
slightly. How about the front spring lowering kit
shown in the MOSS and VB catalogs.

Car is to be used primarily as a weekend driver with
occasional duties going to the coffee shop. New front
springs will hopefully cure the permanent lean to the
left. Even with the new shocks on the car front
suspension is still definitely soft. Any thoughts
while I've got the suspension torn apart.

P.S. Spotted a really cherry BRG RB 76+Midget in
Yellow Springs, OH this evening. Odometer read only
27k miles and car looked like it just came out of
showroom. Anyone on the list. Robert Nelson perhaps?
Next step will be to replace lower A Arm, Kingpin,
Spindle assembly. Discovered some major problems with
the rest of the front end on BugI was able to get a
complete set for a really good price from a friend

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH