Re: Front Springs

Subject: Re: Front Springs
Date: Sun, 08 Sep 2002 23:27:34 -0400
Cc: Spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Gee whiz, all four wheels are on the ground, so I don't plan on messing
with "Little Bits". By the way, leans to the left. Isn't this kinda like
the question the tailor asks before he starts on a pair of slacks???? I
was told one time, not sure of the truth, that the Mfg would put a
slightly stiffer spring on the drivers side of cars to compensate for
the driver's weight, since that position carries that weight regardless
of the other passenger being there or not and that would allow for
settling over the years. Maybe the right spring is a little stiffer? I
had both out blasted and painted and put in with a 50/50 chance,
apparently I got them in in the correct sides since I have the proper lean.

Dave & Bobbie Carpenter
Pittsburgh, PA
60 3000 "Healey Bits" (in more pieces than they built it from)
60 Bugeye "Little Bits" click the link below for pictures
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/bugeye.htm
Pictures from Pittsburgh Vintage Gran Prix
http://members.bellatlantic.net/~vze2z49v/pvgp.htm