Front Springs

To: Spridgets Digest <spridgets-digest@autox.team.net>
Subject: Front Springs
Date: Wed, 25 Sep 2002 22:10:05 -0700 (PDT)
Received my 2nd set of front springs from VB today.
Unfortunately they are exactly the same as the set of
springs I received last week. Springs are supposed to
be for a 1098 / 1275 Spridget. They measure exactly
10" tall and are marked with a green stripe. Old
springs I removed are only 9.5" tall. When installed
on the car, Bugsy looks as if the car doesn't have an
engine installed. Car is nose high by at least 2 ".
With old springs I could fit 3 fingers between wheel
well and tire on one side and four fingers on the
other. With these springs installed I can fit my
entire hand, including thumb with room for a 6th digit
in there if I had one. Lower A Arms instead of being
almost parallel to the ground are at almost a 45
degree angle.

Obviously these are the wrong springs. I'm guessing
theseare rubber bumpered springs that are mismarked.
Can anyone interpret the green stripe on the springs
for me. More time on the phone with VB coming up
tomorrow.

BTW folks at VB were nice so far in customer service.
They sent out a replacement set of springs right away
no questions asked. We'll see how they react tomorrow.

What should be the proper gap from wheel well to top
of tire be? Thanks n advance for the help.

=====
Jim Gruber
Bugsy '68 Sprite (future Bugeye in disguise)
Dayton, OH
http://sbc.yahoo.com