Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL

To: Jeff Boatright <jboatri@emory.edu>
Subject: Re: Datsun 5spd.- Redline MTL
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2002 14:31:21 +0000
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
> Is it that you have a Datsun 5-speed in your car and
> it crunches with synthetic yet does not crunch with
> mineral oil? That is, you've tested both ways on a new
> or newly refurbished Datsun 5-speed transmission.

No, I am grieving because I have not yet gotten the
white Midget up to the point of installing the Datsun
box so I can experience the crunch. I am, however,
pointing out that these boxes were not built to expect
synthetics; the additional "slipperiness" can affect the
function of a synchro. I don't think I would go so far
as to put in 10/40, but I would look for a good
petroleum-based 80 or 90 weight.
David Lieb