Fw: That GT6 convertible

To: "Spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Fw: That GT6 convertible
Date: Tue, 24 Sep 2002 01:42:52 -0400
I didn't see the original post on this but can add a little info about the
GT6 (or early ones anyway). I had one years ago that got smacked in the
rear. I found out that Triumph actually used a convertible car type
windshield/cowl assembly for the GT6 and the roof part of the GT6 BOLTED to
the windshield frame. I pieced my car back together by using a rear clip off
another wreck. I cut the old one in half under the seats and bolted the new
on in place. Body bolts to the frame and bolts to the windshield. Drove it
to the repair shop to get it welded back together!!! It didn't flex as much
after it was welded...

I have seen some Spit convertibles put on GT6 frames too.

Kent

Subject: Re: That GT6 convertible