Couple of tech questions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Couple of tech questions
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:43:04 -0500
Hi all.

Couple of questions (1500 Midget):

I have a new set of pistons on order, and I believe they come complete with new
wrist pins. Can I use the new pins with the old con rods (and bearings), or
should I ue the old pins matched with their bearings with the new pistons
(assuming, st this point, the bearings are OK - I haven't checked yet)?

I've got a 3 stone hone to break the glaze on the bores. Do I need to lubricate
the stones when using, or should they be used dry?

Is there an easy way to remove brake caliper pistons from their bores without
using compressed air?

My cam came back from TS Imported yesterday, and looks good! I also ordered a
2-2-1 header from him, and that looks cool too. I'll be checking the fit on the
head soon with the SU manifold.

-=Chris

Chris King   - cbking@alum.rpi.edu
http://mywebpages.comcast.net/kvcbk/