Re: Couple of tech questions

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Couple of tech questions
Date: Fri, 17 Jan 2003 08:44:24 -0500
wet stones.  try something cheap as a lubricant like ATF.  cutting oil is
better but why bother for a once in a while operation.
bushed conn rods?  test fit new wrist pins in the rods.  if unacceptable
play / clearance you wil lbe purchasing new bushings and having the machine
shop install and ream or hone to give proper fitment tp the pins.
the english ford motors (1500cc and 1600cc) i'm up to my tush in these days
use the bushed wrist pin end and are a constant pain in my tushie !  gotta
be tight enough to not create a wrist pin knock and loose enough as to allow
enough lubrication to keep the assembly from gaulling or siezing.

chuck.
off to run errands!  and drop off some heliarc work (gotta love aluminum..)
for the race car....;)  ...c.