Re: Couple of tech questions

To: "Chris King" <cbking@alum.rpi.edu>
Subject: Re: Couple of tech questions
Date: Sun, 19 Jan 2003 10:55:55 -0000
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Chris,

If your wrist pin bushes are at all worn/slack get new ones - it's very
annoying having to pull and strip the engine down after a couple of months
because you didn't replace them - together with the additional costs of
having get replacement wrist pins yet again (and possibly rods).

Lubricate your stones with a thin oil.

In younger days at home before the compressor became an 'essential' tool I
used an ordinary tyre footpump with a length of windscreen washer pipe
clipped into the pump valve attachment and pushed it over a length of metal
brake pipe leading to the calliper.  If the pipe is too small to fit into
the tyre valve attachment wrap some tape round it or push a 1" length of old
brake pipe inside it to swell it up a little and stop it collapsing.  If it
won't go over the brake pipe dip the washer pipe in a cup of boiling water
for a minute to let it soften.
It is not as exciting as putting a 'fully charged air cyclinder' or
compressed air line to it but it does work and uses the 'junk' lying around
in most garages.   It usually works on m/cyl seals and saves some of that
'picking and drilling' business.

Guy R Day