RE: points, etc.

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: points, etc.
Date: Wed, 29 Jan 2003 19:38:12 -0800
Bill,

My Bugeye racer also has the Pertonix- the PO bought a first unit in late
1998, and it quickly expired- same problem as mentioned before, I believe -
faulty ground. A second unit was fitted in early 1999, it is still on the
car and working great.

I also like the fact that, with the Pertonix, there are no additional boxes
in the engine compartment, and everything looks "stock" under the bonnet.
The Pertonix is much simpler to fit than the Crane... For the same reasons,
plus the fact the distributor in the Twin Cam is very difficult to get to, I
am fitting a new Pertonix unit to my Lotus Twin Cam engine.

Being magnetic, I have been told the Pertronix unit does not compensate for
worn distributors like the Crane/Lumenition type... that's not important to
me as both distributors in my LBCs are in as new condition.

Jac

---