Re: No More British Car Magazine?!

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No More British Car Magazine?!
Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 12:53:44 EST
Jpaschke@bak.rr.com writes:

> So I followed the links to the message board of the "new" magazine and there
> seems to be a difference of opinion. The first issue will have a story on
> the 240Z and the Miata. I wonder how many old staff members will follow to
> the new format? It sure looks to be a Suddard publication now.

- - - - - - - -

My guess is that it will have some Brit content for a while, but it will
eventually get lost in all the other stuff that's out there.  If you have a
motorsports magazine, and 3/4 of the subscribers own cars that are NOT
British, who are you going to cater to?  Obviously, Gary was having trouble
justifying a Brit car magazine, and attracting a large enough subscriber
base.

I will keep my subscription, since it's paid for, and will reserve judgment
until my renew notice comes.  I hope I'm wrong.  My opinion is that British
car owners are the most friendly, dedicated, passionate car enthusiasts in
the USA.  Remember, British cars started the sports car phenomenon in the USA
after WWII.  There just aren't enough of us anymore.

Allen Hefner
Phila. Region SCCA Rally Steward
'77 MG Midget  (#51 FSP)
'75 MG Midget (The Project)