Re: Bugeye towing vehicle (no LBC)

To: "Mike MacLean" <macleans@earthlink.net>, "Jacques Le Clainche" <jleclainche@cox.net>
Subject: Re: Bugeye towing vehicle (no LBC)
Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 06:27:58 -0500
Cc: "spridgetlist" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
wow!  you guys have fancy tow vehicles...and trailers!
my 79 chevy van "the lust bus" only has 348,500 miles on it and my open
trailer was built in 1969 from structural steel and cut down mobile home
axles(trailer weighs in at 2000lbs empty!)  .   and my van only has a 305
2bbl carb with a turbo350.   nothing fancy at all.  bone stock and
serviceable with parts at almost evry auto parts store across the country if
i need anything or an emergency arises.  now i'm no ball-o-fire on hills but
i can maintain at least 55mph by the crest of steep hills with the van
loaded and a car on the trailer.   often attheraces i just walk the pits
admiring the rigs of other folks!   but my budget does not allow for the
luxuries of modern equiptment.  if i were to invest in a modern tow vehicle
or new trailer , that would take away all the oney for enjoying my old cars!
gee at fall hershey a few years ago i was actually laughed at by some folks
for the vintage of my tow vehicle!

chuck
gee i always wanted a nice chevy conversion van for the long tows and
comfort at the events....*sigh*.   but!  do not mistake that wish for my
being thankfull for what i have!!!!!  :)