Re: SUV

To: "Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." <macy@bbl.med.upenn.edu>
Subject: Re: SUV
Date: Thu, 20 Feb 2003 17:46:19 -0600
Cc: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>, spridgets@autox.team.net
"Larry B. Macy, Ph.D." wrote:

> Gotta agree on this issue. You best be careful what you wish for. As
> soon as we give up one right, they start hammering at another. Pretty
> soon you are in the minority and it is your turn to fight for something
> you believe in. You gonna loose cuz you started giving up your rights a
> long time ago on an issue you liked.
>
> Now it becomes your turn!!!

That is correct, look at the smoker populace. I don't smoke, never really have,
not seriously that is. But every time someone says, "hey, don't you think they
should outlaw smoking here, there, etc."  I tell them, remember, their rights
are
taken away today, your rights can be taken away tomorrow. Don't be so eager to
give the government more of a hold on your personal life. I have been saying
this
since high school, 25 years ago, now look at the crap smokers have to go
through.
Us gun owners are now being beaten down. Don't worry, those of us that drive
old,
unsafe, to small, not manufactured with a politically correct name, cars, we
also
will have our turn...........
Brad