Re: Coil spring removal

To: "James Dowling" <jimdinalameda@hotmail.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Coil spring removal
Date: Thu, 24 Apr 2003 07:20:52 -0500
> best way to remove the springs? Should I do the long bolt method or can it
> be done using a hydralic jack?

You can do it either way. If you have excessive quantities of time and
patience, go ahead and use the long bolts. If you don't, or if you still
have the engine in place, use the jack. It is possible to use the jack
method without having engine, trans, or wings on the car (BTDT), but it is a
lot harder. Probably still easier than the bolts though. I did the jack
method on a B without problems, but I tried the bolts on my Midget the first
time. If you have an air ratchet that will fit in there, it might be ok, but
otherwise do the jack.
David Lieb
RWA Midgets