Re: dual braking system OK OK... it's simpler than that

To: spridgetlist <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: dual braking system OK OK... it's simpler than that
Date: Mon, 19 May 2003 16:04:23 -0700 (PDT)
ptegler wrote;

Once the pressure is applied to the front ckt and the
piston i nthe master cyl has passed, and closed off
the intake hole from the reservoir...
and as you continue to apply pressure...the pressure
in the master cyl itself starts pressurizing the rear ckt.
So  the fronts will have pressure before the rears,
and unless the front ckt pops a cork, the rears would
never have more pressure than the fronts.

Thanks for the explanation, I'm interested in this. One thing I don't get is,
if the front pressure builds before the rears, wouldn't that light the warning
switch?

- GT / 73 Midget / Portland, OR