A day in the garage

To: spridget list <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: A day in the garage
Date: Wed, 11 Jun 2003 20:05:30 -0400
My fathers day gift will be the chance to play in the garage for the day!
My plan is to redo the rear brakes of my 74 midget.  I9ve never done this
before but I can read OK, so I9ll probably limp through the process.  Do any
of you have any hints for simplifying the job for me.  I9m replacing the
shoes, springs, etc. along with the cylinders.  I9ve heard some of you
mention brake cleaner, what is it?  I understand you shouldn9t use an air
hose (asbestos hazard) to clean out the gunk, but can you use a brake
friendly spray wash to get it up to snuff?  Anyways, don9t assume that I
know anything about what I9m doing when you pass along your sage adviceI9m
happy to learn though.
TIA
Mike Gagne