Re: trailers and their suprises!

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: trailers and their suprises!
Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2003 12:48:52 -0700
My experience has taught me that the positioning of the weight on the
trailer is important.  Whether the weight is ahead or behind the trailer
axle makes a difference.  Too much weight behind the axle=BAD, weight ahead
of axle=GOOD.
An easy way to study the relationship without killing yourself or someone
else is to tow a kids bicycle trailer as I did for years.  Every time two
shopping bags of groceries went BEHIND the axle, there was much instability
and tail-wagging.  Shift the bags up front with the spawn and it became
stable.  Same trailer, same weight, diffferent distribution.  I only flipped
the trailer once, but the fry was belted in and wasn't injured.  In fact she
was begging me to do it again for days after that.

Regrads,
Glen