Re: How to multi-car

To: "spridgets" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: How to multi-car
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 10:18:04 -0400
I multi-car (3) in my two car garage.  My SO has one side, Merc. Grand
Marque, and I have 'my' side where I keep 'Ole Gray' '62 Sprite and my
bugeye 'Kermit.  Guess it has to do with the size of the garage.  The
parking area is 24' x 24' with 2 9' doors.  I can get both of my cars in and
out through 'my' door.  Even with all three in the garage there is plenty of
room left for two tight walkways (front to rear) along the left and right
walls and a large walkway down the center.  There is space to walk around
the front and rear of the cars.  I have a 30" workbench that runs along the
entire rear wall (24') and have plenty of room to use it along it's entire
length with all 3 cars in the garage.  I parallel park the two spites, one
facing in and one facing out.  That way I have access to the drivers doors.
Yes it is tight between them >6" but it works.  If I need to work on one I
have to move one outside and reposition the other to the center of 'my' bay.
If you have a 'modern' two car garage thats only 18'+/- wide and deep with a
16' single door like my neighbors it won't work.  I built my own garage.

Biff Jones
'59 Bugeye 'Kermit'
'61 Sprite 'Ole Gray' in "The Healey Book"
'71 Midget 'Freebie' under restoration
http://sprites2.homestead.com/