Re: Subject: TX Emissions

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <RBHouston@aol.com>
Subject: Re: Subject: TX Emissions
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 15:16:47 -0500
> Last time I was in TX, driving from Houston to Beaumont,
> the smells were
> vile.

Absolutely right Norm.  Heck, nearly 30 years ago there was a chemical plant
about halfway to Beaumont from Houston that simply took your breath away as you
drove by.  I have no idea how anyone could live anywhere near that plant, let
alone work there.

Back in those days I supported my teaching job with a truck driver job, and the
truckers always said Beaumont was like a blind date, you never knew what it
would smell like till you got there.

Of course, many Texans in that region will tell you it only smells like money.

Robert Houston
Transervicios S.A. de C.V.
915-592-2082

   The smell came from two different plants, one called ethal the other
   which iam not sure what the name was at that time, but once was
   the old sinclare plant from the 1920's which today has been added
   onto, is the londale plant. Not sure how the correct spelling goe's
   But that plant is a monster. They have crap below ground that
   if a single drop was to hit our air, every living thing for miles
   and miles would be no more...
   How i know this is iam a Union Electrician that took part in
   that project, money was great, the worries were hell..
   Never knew if you were going home. Seen guys park trucks near the
   railroad crossing, lose their truck, job and almost their lives..
   That was an awful place to work..
   Thank You God iam divorced and dont hafta work like a dog anymore..

   The Texas state auto inspection any place west of San Antonio
   is a joke.. They dont ck anything muchless know how too..

      Larry Rex