RE: OSHIT get together, LBC content

To: "spridget list" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: OSHIT get together, LBC content
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 10:32:14 -0400
My wife and I also had a wonderful time on Saturday.  Firstly, it was great
to meet Bob and Annice.  My wife talked the whole 3 hour ride home (not
unusual) about how disappointed she was that she only found out Bob and
Annice were big Ann Rand fans.  As for me, I didn't find out until the ride
home about their quest to see different Frank Lloyd Wright buildings.  I
would have loved to chat with them about that.  I'm a big fan...

B & A, if you want to come see the Guggenheim in NYC, you can leave the
camper by me (in the street, but there are no houses on the other side of
the street, nor is there any traffic to speak of) and take the commuter
train into the city...  Just a thought.

Anyway, since Bill already mentioned the "The Ring"'esque well in Larry's
basement (real spooky looking) I'll mention the cool barn in his yard that
goes on forever.  Huge barn, with room after room after room that was in
much better shape than it looks from the outside.  Those 100 year old beams
were almost a foot wide.  It even had a ladder made from trees.  I am aware
that all wooden ladders come from trees, but this one still had the bark on
it).   The organic apple orchard out back had some great apples, too.

Larry and Theresa put out a great spread for us, with roast beef, mashed
potatoes, and a few other side dishes topped off with a great home-made
chocolate ice cream.  If anyone ever wants/needs stenciled paintings on
fabric (i.e. a Japanese type paneled room divider, or table cloth/runner),
contact Larry b/c Theresa makes some great stuff.

It was a great day, and Wini and I were both sorry to leave early (we missed
the slide show).  I am also sad to say it'll probably be my last OSHIT for a
while.  Maybe I'll form the South Texas chapter of OSHIT.  Rob/Brad, has
this chapter already been started?

And Bill, how could you expect that my pizza wouldn't be good....  I grew up
in Brooklyn....

Later,

Mike