RE: A great day

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>
Subject: RE: A great day
Date: Mon, 22 Sep 2003 18:09:39 -0400
You would need about a 500' chain to pull the remains up out of the
Delaware.  Rt. 97 is one of my favorite roads.  It would be a mistake to
think that all the fun is in that small section of the "hawk's nest."  The
road is a delight all the way up to Narrowsburg and beyond.  It is a truly
beautiful road with geat sweeping bends, long straights, and some nice
twisty bits too.  The road follows the river most of the way making for a
really scenic drive.  The only down side is that there are few places to
pass the citizens in their SUVs, but the road is not heavily traveled as you
get further from Port Jervis.

Watch out for the constable going through Barryville as he likes to hang out
at the diner and in Sparrowbush at the bottom of the hill just after the
bridge (heading N) as he parks there on the county land doing paperwork and
snoozing.

BTW: as long as no one is coming the other direction, 50mph through the
hawk's nest should be no sweat and, of course, the long straights along the
river demand twice that.

Sandy Brown

59 Elva Courier