RE: Pressure regulator suggestion

To: "'Bud Osbourne'" <abcoz@hky.com>
Subject: RE: Pressure regulator suggestion
Date: Mon, 5 Jan 2004 16:54:34 -0800
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I changed over to the NAPA Facet pump only after three Canadian
mechanical pumps left me sitting on the side of the road smelling gas. I
tend to resist change myself (took Frank two years to talk me into an
alternator conversion), and didn't go to the 5-speed until I had two
rebuilt ribcase trannys.  Factory Lucas parts made in India, NOS
replacement parts from who knows where.  The Facet pump works and can be
replaced at any NAPA store, what more could you ask for.
                Crash

I'm afraid I haven't priced one, lately, as the old style (points) ones
that
I run have been totally dependable.  Used to be around $100-$125,
however.
I know the Facets were significantly cheaper.  I like to stick with the
O.E.
stuff, when I can still get it.