Re: Thor Hammer / eared knock off spinners!

To: PilotRob@webtv.net, cfchrist@earthlink.net
Subject: Re: Thor Hammer / eared knock off spinners!
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 2004 14:06:52 EST
Cc: MAIL4CARPENTERS@peoplepc.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
I won't know until I receive them and try it, but my plan is to use a good
piece of oak, probably 2x6, and drill/cut/router out an opening the shape and
size of the spinner, and then neck down the ends to handle size and use this to
"torque" on the spinners.

I think this will work.  I'll let everyone know after I try.

I remember my 65 and 68 Midgets both had buggered up ears from the
copper Thor hammer that came with the car.  I looked at Fisher Jones
for some eared replacements for my octogon nuts a couple of years ago,
but all the old ones were buggered and needed rechroming.

Has anyone checked out eMachineShop.com that is advertised in Classic
Motorsports this month?  Supposedly lowcost custom parts you order on
line, from designs you make with their free software.

Robert Houston

COP QUOTES

"Someone, somewhere is practicing. If you're not,
and someday, if you should meet, you will lose."

"Shoot them until they think they're dead."

"I don't believe they should use the electric chair, they
need to use electric bleachers."