Brake Fluid and Grant Steering Wheel Hub?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Brake Fluid and Grant Steering Wheel Hub?
Date: Sat, 14 Feb 2004 21:53:48 EST
Wake up crew, really questions!

I am going to bleed the brakes in 67 Midget I got in my half of "the trade"
I had asked about what type of brake fluid was in the car and Charlie Sheldon
told me, "not DOT3 but what is called for in the manual." I checked Bentleys
which calls for Lockheed Series II. However, Haynes calls for DOT3.

Not sure if this Series II is readily available. I have a fresh bottle of
DOT3 which I was planning on using. What happens if you mix this stuff?

Saving Bandwidth

Question No. 2

Anyone have an extra Grant Steering wheel or hub for a 67 Midget. Note this
has a larger spline diameter than a Bugeye. I just put a 12" steering wheel on
the Bugeye and it looks cool. I can even see the fuel gauge. Now if I could
only get it to work. May have to work out to turn that thing.

So what is the ebay going rate for an original uncracked Bugeye steering
wheel?

David Oliner