Re: Names for cars

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Names for cars
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:43:13 -0800
I'm not much for naming cars, but I'm only one vote in the family.

My wife's Morris Traveller, "Winifred", is named after her mother who was
also an English product exported to America.  The new Mini is named
"Primrose" after the original bugeye color "Primrose Yellow".  Again, her
choice.

The Austin A35 is know around the house as "Austin Powerless" which should
need no explanation.  Having driven it extensively, I actually go along with
this name.  Austin is now adorned with the ultimate nerd toy affixed to the
rear window deck, a genuine Dr. James Watson bobble-head.

My reluctance to name my car is evident in the unimaginative term 'bugsy' or
'bugeye' that I use for mine.
She has made a few half-hearted attempts over the years to attach one name
or another, but my lack of cooperation always scuttles the attempt.  She has
determined that bugsy is male, however, and thus it is always referred to in
the masculine tense.

Glen