Re: Names for cars

To: "J. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net>, Spridget <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Names for cars
Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2004 09:52:14 -0800 (PST)
I tend to name my cars, trucks, lawnmowers, etc.  This started a a kid when I
named my tricycle, Clyde. I don't remember why.  My car, a 1972 RWA Midget's
present name evolved something like this. When I acquired the car most every
nut and bolt on the front sheet metal was loose and the car rattled loudly as
it went down the road.  I named it Bobb, for Bucket Of British Bolts.  After
working on the car, and driving it the first spring and summer I felt the car
needed a feminine name.  I added the ie, and she became Bobbie.  I started
spending many, many hours replacing the brake system, floor boards, radiator,
heater, wiring, etc. etc....  A friend remarked that everytime he drove by the
house, or saw me out somewhere that I was always working on or driving the MG.
Something like "its always you and that MG".  A few minutes later as I started
off in the car, and turned on the CD a song was playing from a Janis Joplin
disc that had me add on to the cars name.  From then on the cars
 name has been Bobbie MG.  Most of you can guess the name of the song that was
playing.  Another hint, a small sticker on the dash reads Me and Bobbie MG.
Corny yes, but true.

"J. Juhas" <james.f.juhas@snet.net> wrote:
Would any of you be willing to describe what your inspiration was for
your particular car name?