Re: First drive!

To: gacarnut@myway.com, kturk@ala.net, cfchrist@earthlink.net, cbking@alum.rpi.edu, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: First drive!
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 01:31:51 EDT
Recently I helped a friend put a wiring harness in a '58 Bugeye. Upon
finishing, we checked all the lights and gauges and switches and stuff. Put
fresh gas
in the tank, cranked her up and decided to take her on her maiden voyage. The
car hadn't been driven for three to four years. We eased out of the garage
and onto the street. Sounded sweet. I should mention that friend lives on the
rim of a canyon here in West Texas. As we lumbered up the incline to the
summit,
everything was great. We crested the rim and began our descent into the
canyon. Ric accelerated thru the gears and as the first corner came into view,
he
turned to me and said, " Maybe we should've checked the brakes"! I laughed and
cried. We made it though. The brakes worked. What a wonderful day.
Mike