Leaf speings

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Leaf speings
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2004 10:52:26 -0700
Auth-sender: cbking@alum.rpi.edu
Well, I measured from the ground to the wheel lip, got 20 3/4 on the
left side and 21 1/2 on the right. It's pretty obvious when looking at
each side that something is wrong - the left wheel is a little bit
tucked into the wheel well, while the right side has some clearance
between the top of the wheel and the wheel arch lip.

I've pulled both of the leaf springs off of my parts car. Before I go
and replace one (or both) of the springs on my car, how can I tell if
they're any good? If I take them apart, can I get replacements for the
clamps (should I need them) that hold the leaves together?

TIA

-=Chris