RE: FW: The Heater as Cooler - longish

To: "'David Lieb'" <dbl@chicagolandmgclub.com>
Subject: RE: FW: The Heater as Cooler - longish
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:20:57 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I have the small Hayden fan from the cheap parts store.  It comes with a
wire for the air conditioner that I use with a dash switch so I can turn
the fan on/off when I want.  I bought the cheap non-adjustable
thermostat, the result being that the only time it kicks in before I hit
the switch is when I park the car and have started to walk away.
                Crash

One more word on this ;-)
I just got home from running the Dragon's Tail. It was a great time. The
fan
mounted in front of the radiator worked just fine, thank you very much.
Yes,
in theory I would prefer it behing the radiator for all of the reasons
stated; in practice, it will do its job from in front with no noticeable
issues. The variable themostatic control didn't really care for getting
thoroughly drenched (it wasn't much fun for me, either), but it failed
in
the "always on" mode and resumed normal operation after drying out for a
day
or so.
David Lieb