RE: FW: The Heater as Cooler - longish

To: "'Robert E. Shlafer'" <PilotRob@webtv.net>
Subject: RE: FW: The Heater as Cooler - longish
Date: Sun, 25 Apr 2004 21:20:57 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Bob, My point was that, that motor/fan/shrouding will "block" the air
flow in the back as well as the front.  Do you think the air flow ends
at the rear of the radiator?  The air has to come from and go to
someplace.  You might be able to measure a difference from the
restriction being in the front or back of the radiator in a lab, but it
would be very small if any, and a result of the factors I stated in my
last post not the "restricted air flow".  Fluid Mechanics teaches us
that in a "system" the "flow in" will be equal to the "flow out", it's
the law, don't make me get Sheriff John Brown after you.
                Crash

The fan has a motor...the motor can block
the air flow to that extent, as can the fan's
shrouding, etc., most especially at higher forward speeds.

This having been said, if you haven't got
the room "behind", you've got no choice
in location, so obviously...you do what
you gotta do! :):)

Cap'n. Bob