Re: CA smog testing

To: Guy.Weller@kencomp.net, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CA smog testing
Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 17:35:28 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/2004 3:22:39 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
Guy.Weller@kencomp.net writes:
What I find alarming is that if it is a true democracy, one can only conclude
that a majority of Americans (or Californians at least) repeatedly support
legislation that is gradually whittling away at their own independence and
freedom.  Sort of "shooting onself in the foot" isn't it? A democratic society
voting itself towards a fascist state.

What worries me is the tendancy for the UK to adopt whatever was new in
America yesterday.
.

I think folks in general just don't pay attention to what is being passed, or
in many cases it's "what do I care I don't have a ________" insert your
favorite thing in the blank.  A politician should have no trouble at all in
lumping
us in with the collectors of Bugattis and Dusenbergs, and no one will
sympathize with us "rich" folks.

All of the have nots are jealous of the haves.  Lord knows I wish I had
Donald Trumps money, if not his hair line, and Jay Leno's cars.  Politicians
can
prey on this jealousy and "do their job" to us.

Robert Houston
Texan in New Mexico

Check out the Declaration of Independence! You think it promises happiness?
No no no, it talks about the "pursuit of happiness." The PURSUIT! We've become
a nation of wimps! We think we're entitled to everything, we want to legislate
ourselves into some cozy little cocoon. Well, forget it, Nature Boy. There
are no guarantees. Life is nasty, brutish, and short.Jeff Melvoin, Northern
Exposure, Bolt from the Blue, 1994