Re: CA smog testing

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: CA smog testing
Date: Sat, 1 May 2004 01:30:23 EDT
In a message dated 4/30/04 2:58:41 PM, hobbycars@cox.net writes:

> Is jay Leno aware of the new initiative? He fought the last one very
> effectively. Hopefully he will get involved again.
>
> Who was the name of the senator who tried to get the same legislation
> through a few months ago?

A few months ago, it was this one.   My letter to Assemblywoman Lieber was
dated 3/8/04.

My letter protesting S.B. 1172 was dated 3/8/01 (interesting).   The author
was a Democrat from somewhere in the San Joaquin valley.   Basically, it did
the same thing as this one.

The original legislation under SB42 provided for an exemption to rolling
emissions testing for vehicles 30 years old and older.   The two following want
put dates on it, thereby meaning that the Constitution has to be changed in
order to carry out the original intent of the measure.   Pure make work
legislation.

Annice & Bob
1960 Bugeye (Mk. IV in disguise) "The Sprite"
1966 Sprite Mk. III (Still in Boxes) "Trevor"