Encounter 2004

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Encounter 2004
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2004 11:04:28 -0400 (EDT)
Cc: <reisele@speakesy.net>, <mrhwi@comcast.net>
Many thanks to The Austin-Healey Sports and Touring Club for Encounter 2004.
Tom Mantz and Debbie Lentz and the Lehigh Valley put on a hell of an event!
Anything that could be controlled by them( not the weather!)was well
organized and fun. The Pocono Manor,a resort built in 1902, was picture
perfect, and the staff went out of their way to help us.
The Michigan Boys learned some new things: that there are some young
people out there that own Healeys, ot just old farts like us, that this
event is a family affair- kids, grandkids were there in abundance, and
that there are people that own Bugeyes and Big Healeys at the same time.
While we didn't win much- a first in Photo, a second in Gymkana, and a
third in the car show, they new we were there!
 I met several listers-Steve Garrett with a nice Bugeye(second in the car
show and fast-FTD in the rain!, Phil Nase, and Jason Urban who is
co-chair for next years event. and I think I recruited a few new listers.
If you want to have a lot of fun and mix with the best Healeys and
Spridgets, reserve the second weekend in August for Encounter 2005. Hear
that Willy?
Roger Cotting

Check out the new British Cars Forum: