Re: VW Micro Bus

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: VW Micro Bus
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 16:20:02 -0400
Once we started having kids, we had VW busses from 72
thru about 86. First one had dual carbs on a PorcheWagon
pancake engine. Next we got into injection. The worst of the
bunch was the Vanagon -- less good build quality. But they were
all great in snow, had wonderful driver visibility, and handled
rather well I thought. And we could carry our entire racing
team with bicycles to a road race. Even managed to fit our
tandem INSIDE the bus.

We loved out busses and heat was never a problem even though
we lived in "upstate" NY most of that time.

Biggest thrill was towing a pop-up camping trailer up the
switchbacks to the Blue Ridge Parkway in western NC.
That was a SLOW climb, I kin tell ya.

chuck

Check out the new British Cars Forum: