RE: VW Micro Bus

To: "'George Marinos'" <gmari@optonline.net>
Subject: RE: VW Micro Bus
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2004 21:03:09 -0700
Cc: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
I had a 68 Camper in the good old days, it almost could keep the windows
clear in the winter without the gas heater. I read a lot of these me too,
fun car, put a blown chevy in it storys.  How about the other side of the
story? I couldn't keep an engine running for more than a couple of months
(suspect the reason for these many engine swaps also). Let us not forget
that it also uses the driver and front passenger as part of the crumple zone
in a "crash".  These are bad enough but, when he pulls up to pick up his
date if her father gets a look at the car he will be going out alone!!!!
                Crash

Ps find a copy of the Complete Idiot manual, he will need it.

Not sure what to make of it,  but #1 son (age 17) just bought himself a 1968
VW Micro Bus... "with shovels and rakes & implements of distruction."  It's
actually in really good unrusted shape.  This is the only vehicle I have
ever driven that has less power than my 948 Sprite.   We'll see how much he
likes it once winter hits.  Like the Sprite, theres little to no heat.
George Marinos
Glen Rock, NJ

Check out the new British Cars Forum: