Re: Garage advice request

To: Amy Turner <justamy@bellsouth.net>
Subject: Re: Garage advice request
Date: Sat, 11 Sep 2004 22:07:14 -0400
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Amy Turner wrote:

> Hey, guys!
>
> It's been forever.

Welcome back Amy.
Congrats on the relocate.

About those cabinets...."Melamine top is heat, stain and scratch
resistant. " Melamine aka particle board with a thin plastic cover is no
good for a work bench. it scratches easily, and if scratched and you
spill something on it, it grows to 4 times it's width then just falls
apart. It is the same as that Wal*Mart some assembly required furniture.
But cheap is good, free is better, just have a formica top made up and
put it over the cabs. Or at least a piece of 3/4 ply wood as a real work
bench top if you plan to *work* on car parts at the work bench.

I used black and white glue down industrial tiles on my garage floor,
bullet proof! BUT now I am mopping the garage floor and waxing it!!!
A good masonry paint is OK for the floor, gas will lift it but it is a
garage. ;)

I thought all garage door openers were do it yourself projects.
Genie (brand) screw type is trouble free and their better model is twice
as fast going up for speedy hide aways. Today by code they come with a
light beam to stop the door from going down if the beam is crossed, PITA
set up, I guess somebody got smashed trying to run out while the door
was going down, anyway, I mounted my light beams on top of the door, so
they are no longer a nuisance, and next to each other so they never get
bumped out of line.

Best of luck in you new home.

--
Frank Clarici