Soda blasting

To: <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Soda blasting
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2004 13:03:16 -0700
Wondering if anyone in the group has had experience with soda blasting
their cars. I recently had my project car completely soda blasted to
remove the surface rust. The PO had all the paint removed and then let
it sit outside for who knows how long. There was no serious rust, just
surface type stuff. Well, the results aren't quite what I was expecting.
I was expecting a clean, dull metal grey surface. Many parts are like
that, but there is also some of what looks like the tell tale black of
deeper rust in many places. Is this appearance normal, and safe to go
ahead and begin priming?

Craig Reese
Support Technician
Spillman Technologies