BBC, no LBC

To: "Spridgets \(E-mail\)" <spridgets@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: BBC, no LBC
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2004 09:11:42 -0600 reply-type=original
Hello Midget friends,
   And while we're NOT talking about LBCs; Yesterday I removed
part of the rear bumper assembly from my Land Rover (note minimal
British content) for refinishing.  Perhaps to simplify parts inventory or
well, just because the British automotive industry can't do anything the
easy way, the bumper bits were ALL installed using the same size and
length of bolts, irrespective of the need.  That meant that where long
bolts were needed, the part had to be perfectly aligned just for the bolt
to start, and where a 1/2" bolt was needed, a 1-1/2" bolt was used.
I guess that was so the protruding end would rust properly to make
removal difficult.  It also made it all-but-impossible to fit the long bolts
into the tighter spaces before starting.  I guess the upside is that a bunch
of monkeys could disassemble the vehicle, put all the bolts into one pile
and be assured of reinstalling, with equal-opportunity-difficulty, each
unbiased and non-prejudicial bolt. :-o

Rick, just a little frustrated today, Lindsay / Tulsa