Re: NO LBC - Old Airplane Ride Descision

To: <RBHouston@aol.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net>, <midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com>, <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: NO LBC - Old Airplane Ride Descision
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 21:13:37 -0500 reply-type=original
Robert,

I doubt this will stop you...

8 years ago (around Father's Day) there was a P-51 in Fayetteville, Arkansas
(where I was living at the time) for a couple of days that was rigged up
with a second seat located behind the pilot's seat.  My dad has always been
a huge P-51 fan, so as a Father's Day gift, I bought him a ride in the P-51.
If I remember correctly, it was $150 for a 15-20 minute ride.  It seemed
like a heck of a bargain to me.  How many chances does one get to fly in a
P-51?

Anyway, while I was talking to the pilot after my dad's flight, he snuck
into the hanger and bought me one of the two remaining available rides!  The
experience was unbelievable!  We did a couple of high speed low altitude
passes over the runway and some stalls and rolls.  Looking *up* through the
bubble canopy at the ground was incredible!

Go for it!

Kurtis Jones
Russellville, Arkansas
1963 TR4 - CT19389L