Re: NO LBC - Old Airplane Ride Descision

To: "William M. Gilroy" <w.lists@verizon.net>, spridgets@autox.team.net, RBHouston@aol.com
Subject: Re: NO LBC - Old Airplane Ride Descision
Date: Sun, 3 Apr 2005 22:50:59 -0400
Cc: midgetsprite@yahoogroups.com, triumphs@autox.team.net
bob,
ride the liberator, in my estimation B-17's pop up at numerous events while
the B-24 is a less common denominator.  both offer completly difrent
perspectives!
and master gilroy's input on the surviving crew members who show up for the
nostalgia of seeing a bird they flew on or suppoerted is priceless!  we had
a PT-26 for a while while i was younger.    i love war birds!  i'll drop
evrything i have going on to hear the sounds of those engines let alone a
ride!    *sigh*
go for it!   a ride back in history in this day and age is priceless!
you'll end up on sensory overload!

chuck.
we had a local EAA member years ago that was in a bristol blemheim during
WW2 when a condor came through the perspex(sp.?) cockpit windows!    talk
about scars on the poor gent's face!   (my dad wad chapter president at the
time)