RE: Salvage vehicles could be LBC

To: "WFO Herb" <froggi60@yahoo.com>, <spridgets@autox.team.net> j3O0LarO015588
Subject: RE: Salvage vehicles could be LBC
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2005 17:21:17 -0700
He is the second owner and says that the damage was to the front fender and
hood but no frame damage. I plan to take a close look at it in person. The
reason given for the salvage was that the truck was in storage after being
wrecked and ran up storage fees of more that the value of the vehicle. Sounds a
little "fishy" but it is possible. I was able to get the VIN from the license
number (it was viewable in ad pic) and ran a Carfax report on it. It does show
about a one year lag from repair to salvage title issue. Not quite sure if that
backs up his claim or not. It is a limited edition truck (Dakota R/T) although
the salvage title will hamper the resale value, hence the low current price. It
seems that if the repairs were done correctly then it should be a good deal.

(Note on my ability to get the VIN. Now I know why people blur their license
number! You can find out anything on the internet.)

Herby
63 MKII Sprite (Herbytoy - patiently waiting)
62 MKII Sprite (the "resto-mod" driver)
billh@aaai.com
www.herbytoys.com