Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix

To: "Spridget List" <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 10:52:58 -0500 with any abuse report
> Say what you will about the French, Michelins and Grey Goose are both at
the tops of their fields!

Wow! What a hornet's nest someone has stirred up. I, for one, do not agree
(do I ever?). Michelin USED to be top in their field, but that was back when
they still made the XZX. Since that time, other manufacturers have improved
their wares, but Michelin seems to have adopted the modus operandus of the
mythical French tank (4 speeds in reverse and 1 in forward). I wish that
Falken would make a 13" Azenis tire...

FWIW, Firestone was not really the only one at fault in the Ford Exploder
fiasco. All of those incidents involved under-inflated tires, over-loaded
vehicles, extended high-speed travel, and the Firestone tire next to the
exhaust pipe. The probable reason that it only involved Firestone is that it
is the tire that came stock on the car. I am firmly convinced that Ford and
Firestone struck a deal that Firestone would take the hit on this one,
little knowing that it would come close to being a death-blow to the
Firestone name.
David Lieb