Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix

To: James Juhas <james.f.juhas@snet.net>, Hank Beck <tnhotairpilot@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 13:34:28 -0600
Cc: spridgets-owner@autox.team.net, spridgets <spridgets@autox.team.net>
A "non-points" race wouldn't have affected their standing in the team
chamionships.  A points penalty would have.

I don't know exactly how the stunt they ended up pulling affected the
outcome.  I _think_ based on a foggy memory of F1 rules, that by running one
lap, they met their commitment to F1, but by pulling out en-masse, they left
so few cars on the track that it became a non-points (or contestably non-
points) race.

If I'm rembering correctly, then bully for the Bridgestone folks for going
racing.

Chris K.

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:08:30 -0400, James Juhas wrote