Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 14:18:40 -0500
Ferrari Doesn't make the rules.  Their participation (or lack of) did
not keep a rule change or course change from being made.  FIA decided
to keep the rules and the course the same.  They could have made the
same decision if Ferrari was in the room and agreed to the change.  If
you don't like the decision that was made, blame FIA not Ferrari.
That's like blaming the horse that won the derby because your horse
got disqualified.

On 6/20/05, Dbcooper292@aol.com <Dbcooper292@aol.com> wrote:
> well, my understanding was that Ferrari basically blocked the compromise
> measures that everyone else agreed to by refusing to attend the sessions
>where the
> teams were called together to vote on an acceptable compromise.  This is not
> too too hard to imagine them doing, since they could see that if the Michelin
> cars were eliminated their 50 million dollar per year but winless driver had a
> better than even chance of actually winning his first race this year if he
> was restricted to racing against pretty much only his teammates.  I think that
> if you read a couple of the news stories about this you will see that this is
> indeed what caused the final situation, and that Ferrari had, in fact,
> EVERYTHING to do with this.

= Never offend people with style when you   =
= can offend with substance --- Sam Brown  =