Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: United States Not-so-Gran Prix
Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2005 18:51:13 -0500
Everyone was right.

The FIA was right not to alter the course, which would have violated the
rules and favored an undeserving competitor.

The Bridgestone tire teams were right to insist that the other teams run
with the equipment they brought, as they had to do when they didn't have
the best stuff.

The Michelin teams were right to withdraw, rather than risk the life and
limb of the drivers.

Everyone stuck to their guns and was unwilling to compromise.  The people
that pay their wages, the fans, were totally screwed in the process.

In the process they probably destroyed any hope that F1 has in the U.S.
after spending millions of Euros and six years gaining a toehold in this
market.  This race had the highest attendance recorded, at least until
people started leaving in droves after the 14 cars pulled into the pits.

I hope they are all proud of themselves, the idiots.  They deserve each
other.

I'm going back to watching CHAMP and (road course) IRL races, at least
until one of them implodes.

--David Littlefield