tire size?

To: spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: tire size?
Date: Sun, 10 Jul 2005 11:09:07 EDT
I have been mostly lurking lately but I have two questions.   First, I went
to get tires today and the guy at the tire store told me that no one makes the
correct size tire for our midgets, my 79 I think has 145 70s on it now, what
tire sizes are the people with stock wheels and fender opening running.
Second on the 1500 engine, what oil filter do I need?   I think I need some
kind of
adaptor, because I have run out of the supply of oil filters that I had
stockpiled and the replacement numbers don't fit.
Thanks for your help.
JP

John Poynton
79 MG Midget, Yellow Fever