post engine swap update

To: <spridgets@autox.team.net>
Subject: post engine swap update
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 21:21:54 -0400 (EDT)
Thanks for all who helped with my 1275 vs 1098 engine swap. It's in and
runs pretty smoothly with only a couple things to figure out.
1. When the temp is warm it starts right away. Once it's below 50, it's
very fussy and sometimes won't start at all.

2. When it IS running, it's smooth until I push it, like hard acceleration
uphill; then it bogs down and sputters and farts.  Tonight it also died
while mildly accelerating. I checked near the dizzy and it was oily, also
some moistue inside dizzy. After I wiped it all down, it started again and
I brought it home.

BTW, I have removed all the emission stuff and plugged most of it. The
pipe(elbow) on the valve cover is not connected to anything.
Besides the obvious check of the fuel filter(which I will do tom'w).
where's a good place to start to solve these problems.
Thanks
Dick B. in NH