Re: no LBC content... geek question

To: "Wm. Severin Thompson" <wsthompson@thicko.com>
Subject: Re: no LBC content... geek question
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:59:49 -0500 (CDT)
Sounds nuts but i'd see if they would check your cable coming down off the
antenna.  How far do you think that run is from your clost to the antenna?
 Reason I ask, is that 2.4 has a sizable loss in most coaxial cables.  You
can run a short cable ok but over a few meters and your power drops to
half.  I'm sure the installer used the right stuff, but I'd look there
first.  Does the cable have a # on it?  Do you know if it is a heliax or
coaxial? Provided the router gets a nice strong signal from the antenna,
then i'd look at the router.  I'll re read your post and analyze
further...this is the stuff i do all day anyway.

Charlie