RE: Shipping an MG across the country

Subject: RE: Shipping an MG across the country
Date: Thu, 13 Oct 2005 08:07:09 -0600
Hello,

2 members of our british car club here in Boise, Idaho just arrived from
NJ. The husband was driving his MG TD (in which he installed an electric
heater) and the whife drove the MGB through the 2000miles... They went
through snow and rain and say that it was the best trip of their life!

You can also look at the following video (not a MG though) for a LA to
NYC car trip: http://www.compfused.com/directlink/930/.

Why not leaving the car in storage where you are and coming back to get
it later on?

cyrille

It appears that my new company will pay to ship two cars across the
country but I have three. The company that does the car transport will
only ship the midget in an enclosed trailer. The other to cars can go on
an open carrier.
That make the cost to ship the midget much higher. The total for sending
just my MG Midget from NJ to WA is greater than $2,000. If my new
company will pay that cost and I get to pay for one of the cheaper cars
fine, I will ship the MG with them. If I have to cough 2K to move my MG
I think it is time to find another plan. If I have to pay 2K to ship the
car I might as well sell the car in NJ (that splash is me taking a bath)
and buy a different MG at the other end.

So, has anyone shipped an MG across the country? Who did you use? Were
you happy with the results? What was the total cost? Any ideas? Oh yeah,
I have to have the plan in place by 11-4, as I leave the state on about
11-6. Way to much stuff to do in a short period of time.

Regards, cyrille