Re: License Plates

To: Bud Pazur <bpazur@excel.net>
Subject: Re: License Plates
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2005 16:22:44 -0700
Cc: spridgets@autox.team.net
Bud Pazur wrote:

>Do you ever think someone is drunk when they act like this, or are there
>indicators that tell you he isn't drunk, he's just an a**hole?

I found that the one who acted this way are always an anal orfice.
(Cops will know if someone is drunk before they pull them over.)  That
is why I say you can never talk yourself OUT of a ticket, but you can
sure talk yourself INTO one.  A piece of advice:  never argue with the
cop.  I would guess that 95% of the time he knows when he steps out of
his car whether or not he is going to cite you or let you off (police
work CAN be very boring, and sometimes they just want to get out of
their car and talk to someone).  Don't give the cop a ration of equine
feces.  Just sign the ticket (it is NOT an admission of guilt), and then
go to court to present your case.

(Keep in mind that I am not still a cop.  I have had a chequered career
as a newspaper reporter, newspaper editor, cop, university history
professor, and as a Federal investigator.  You see, I get bored easily
and keep wanting to be doing something new and different.  Which is
another way of saying I don't know what I want to do when I grow up.)

Buster Evans